Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Life is a (Half) Marathon


I've been seeing a lot more early mornings lately.  Why you ask?  Because I'm training to run the San Antonio Rock'n'Roll Half Marathon on November 11th!  13.1 miles is a long way, but it's for a good cause.  I'm running to raise money for Spina Bifida Texas, a local charity which works with children and families affected by neural tube defects which frequently results in leg paralysis and, for most affected individuals, life in a wheel chair.  

Spina Bifida Texas has many programs to support children with disabilities and two of my favorites are a nutritional and activity program to help children in wheel chairs manage their health and well-being.  The other is FashionAble which pairs high school students interested in fashion design with kids who need specially tailored clothes to accommodate medical devices when they attend a big event, like their prom.

With limited funds from philanthropic societies, these and other programs are at risk without private donations. That's why I'm running this race and why I'm asking for your support.  You can donate securely HERE just scroll to the bottom and click "Donate" under my pretty face.  For every $10 you donate, you'll earn one spot in a raffle for a custom-knit scarflet, hat, or fingerless gloves!  If you want to gift your knitted goodness, I'll even be sure to get it to you before the holidays.  Thank you so much for your support - financial and emotional - it keeps me running!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis